Thursday, July 26, 2012

Elder Romney Vaughn Hansen

Yesterday we dropped Landon's little brother Romney off at the Missionary Training Center. For the next two years he will be loving, serving, and teaching the gospel to the people of Chihuahua, Mexico. And we will miss him dearly.



I for one, didn't think I'd have to say goodbye to a little brother for 3 more years, but Romney has quickly become one of my very best friends and a real brother to me. I started crying about the fact that Romney was leaving about a week ago. I would say really dramatic things to Landon like,"Will we ever laugh again?" and "Can we even celebrate Christmas without him?" Landon would laugh, but I know he feels the same way as me - like there is a big hole in the family. Landon is Romney's biggest fan. And that is saying something, because there are lot of people who are obsessed with Romney.




He is handsome, witty, kind, smart, and spiritual. Romney is a peacemaker. No matter how chaotic things may get, Romney is always smiling, cracking jokes, winking, and calming storms.

Landon and I both agree that leaving on our own missions was not nearly so hard as saying goodbye to Romney yesterday. We want him back, but we know he is doing the Lord's work and that he will be tremendously blessed for his service. The people of Chihuahua are so lucky to have him.




3 comments:

  1. but now the countdown for him to return can begin! (at least that's what i kept telling myself after dropping off taylor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! A line of my family is from Chihuahua! Missionaries are so awesome! I am sure it will go by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun fact, the date you published this is three years to the day I was baptized :)

    ReplyDelete