Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Sweetest Valentines Day

This Valentines day was extra special because Landon and I found out we are having a BABY BOY! He will arrive sometime around July 18th. I tried to hold out telling people I was prego until we knew what it was going to be - I have no idea why. I guess mostly because I'm not sure how to bring it up in conversations, as evidenced by the fact that several people have said I brought it up in a 'weird' 'awkward' or 'random' sort of way. I'm not sure how you make this sound normal..."So what have you been up to?"..."Well I'm having a baby boy in July". Or usually its with a group friends just having a normal conversation and I say,"Hey guys, I'm pregnant." It never really seems super graceful, but I guess that's just me and Landon.

So now I'm resorting to just telling people over social media, because it seems a little easier :)

It was such sweet valentines day, even though I found out I have a big cyst on my ovary that has to be removed at some point. I tried to not let it get me down and was rather amused that it was in the shape of a heart - so I asked the tech to print me a picture. I thought it made a nice valentines card.



the first ultrasound
what we ate after the first appointment, mmmmm

valentines brunch after the second ultrasound

the bump

what i imagine him looking like



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Our babies should be friends!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that last picture! It's so Landon and so cute I love it!!! Can't wait to see your handsome baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Look at your cute little baby bump! You're so darling I can barely stand it

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for you!! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will be an all star. Happy day!! PS- Totally tried texting you something important today. Your phone wouldn't have it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love your random awkward announcements. That's why you gotta just go big and use social media. Now we all know and don't have to guess when Jessica says, "You're getting big and should probably tell people." Again, so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me smile Maegan.

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete