Unfortunately, one of the best parts of the trip was not allowed to be photographed - visiting David's place of employment. Just the Pentagon. No big deal. Okay, it IS a big deal and Landon and I could have stayed there all day. 1. Because it was like a private American history museum tour. And 2. Because we just felt cool and special being in there.
Although there were no pictures allowed within 1000 miles of the pentagon, somehow Landon managed to snap this gem after we left. Neither of us are great with the camera, so we just take 500 pictures of whatever we are doing, and hope that we get at least 3 good ones in the process. And every now an again, we get a great paparazzi shot like this one.
Love it. No idea what is going on here, but I love it. Perhaps Marissa could leave a comment for further explanation, ha.
Beyond that, we saw so many other spectacular things. National Mall, Air and Space Museum, Holocaust Museum, Lincoln Memorial, Washington's home @ Mt. Vernon, Quantico, DC Cupcakes, and more.
Church was cancelled on Sunday (seriously) due to some flooring issues/fumes. So Sunday morning we got an early start on our plans to go and visit baby David's grave with some beautiful fresh flowers Marissa had prepared. His grave is in Quantico National Cemetary which is a beautiful, organized, peaceful, and spiritual place to be. I had so many thoughts and feelings as we were there, but mostly what I felt was that Heaven is very near us. Baby David is very special to Landon and I, just like his parents are.
![]() |
| xoxo baby david |
![]() |
| mmmmm food trucks |
![]() |
| shock and awe |
![]() |
| Teaching Landon to fly |









No comments:
Post a Comment