Saturday, March 1, 2014

Road Kill

Back in October I was driving down the road and saw a dresser on the curb. My thought process went something like, "Why do people just throw their junk on the side of the road and expect someone to pick it up? No one wants your craaa....I want that dresser!"

So I flipped a U and loaded it in the car. It was solid wood and quite heavy, so I'm sure I made a scene on the shoulder of the road, struggling to lift it in the back of my car by myself. My neighbors were all out in the cul-de-sac having a Halloween party when I pulled up - all Beverly Hillbilly style with it hanging half way out of my car. Awesome.

Not sure how long it had been outside, but it was in pretty rough shape. A can of Lysol, some Fabreeze, sanding, primer, paint, and new hardware, and I think it turned out to be a pretty nice piece of furniture: especially for being road kill!



1 comment: