Friday, June 29, 2012

Landon's 27th Birthday

Today is my sweet husbands 27th birthday!

Here is a birthday tribute to celebrate the wonderful man he is....

10. Landon loves to serve other people. If you ask him to do something--no matter how ridiculously busy he may be--he will ALWAYS say yes, and do it with a cheerful heart.  Need something heavy lifted? A ride somewhere? Someone to talk to? A last minute substitute teacher at church? Baby sitter? Good food? A big hug? Call Landon.



9. Landon is a Renaissance man. He is a farmer-archeologist-doctor-cellist-pianist-eagle scout-guitarist-soccer player-runner-scientist-leader-photographer-weight lifter-missionary-artist-folk dancer-repair man-techie-linguist. To name a few.  Anything not listed here, he could google and learn in about 7 minutes.



8. Landon is a hard worker.  I think a lot of that comes from the way his was raised on his family's farm.  He works long days with very little sleep, and always has a smile on his face--especially if it is really sweaty, dirty, manual labor types of work. Oddly, I think he would enjoy being a doctor much more if it involved more dirt and heavy lifting.




7. Landon is adventurous. He loves to explore new places. Whether it is a foreign country or the mountains and caves near his parents Idaho home, he is always looking for a new adventure.  If I walked into his room right now and said, 'Wanna see how many states we can see this weekend?', he'd instantly start packing up the car.



6. Landon is fun to be around. He is constantly singing, dancing, whistling, teasing, and cracking really lame old man jokes.  He knows how to make everyone laugh and doesn't care if people think he is a big nerd - because he is, and everyone loves it.




5. Landon is very patient. He is never in a rush and he just enjoys every moment of life.  Most of all I am grateful that he is patient with me. When I am being a big PMSing bratt, he just smiles at me and says something like, "Maeg, you have so much personality."  



4.Landon never speaks badly of other people.  He loves and speaks highly of all of his friends and family members.  He is quick to apologize if he does say something not 100% kind and the first to change an unkind conversation.


3. Landon is really clean. He is always on top of dishes, laundry, bed making, straightening up, and best of all TOILETS. Most of the time, we just do all of the housework together and he makes it a lot of fun and go very fast. Also, I love the warning face he gives me when I start to leave a cup in the cup holder of his car, priceless :)




2. Landon loves his family.  Landon's parents and siblings are his very best friends, and when he is with them he just lights up - and is usually crying tears of laughter.  He has about a million aunts, uncles, and cousins who he also loves and adores.


1. Landon is humble.  He really has absolutely no clue how amazing he his.  He rarely speaks of himself, the places he has been, or experiences he has had unless provoked by another.  He would rather hear about other people.  Every now and again I say something like, 'Did you known Landon has flown with Mel Gibson on his private jet?' to a friend and Landon's face gets really red. I love it. 



So happy 27th birthday to the most amazing guy in the world! 

(The biscuits, gravy, and candles are a family tradition he has. It's kinda weird, but I did it this morning anyways :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that tradition! It is especially delicious and quite cheerful with the candles and all. Since Landon just loves service, I just want you to know that you can send him up here any time to lift my heavy things and mow my really tall lawn. I have a few toilets I could let him clean too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha the tradition is growing on me. He wouldn't do the full length version of the bday song though :) You have a lawn? Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personality, that is one way to describe PMS! This post is great, you definitely got a good catch. We love you two, Happy Birthday Landon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is late and all but happy bday landon... just saw your blog on fb and loved this post. always have seen you two as Fantastic folks and I agree Landon is a humble stud!

    ReplyDelete